Tuesday 31 December 2013

Top 5 Wild Camps of 2013

I've not had the opportunity to get out for a while so over the last few days I've been looking through some of my photographs from 2013, this has brought back many great memories from the last 12 months and as such I've put together a bit of a shortlist of my favourite wild camps of 2013. 


All in all it's been a good year for me out in the hills and I'm hoping 2014 will be even better, I've got the TGOC to look forward to and I'm also looking at a couple of other long distance walks to try squeeze in time off/funds permitting.

In the past I've pretty much always backpacked alone so it's been a new experience for me this year to walk and wild camp with others. Whilst I still enjoy getting out by myself I've really enjoyed backpacking with others and it's something I hope to do a lot more of in the coming year. 

So here we go, in no particular order, 5 of my favourite wild camps of 2013:

Styhead, Lake District, England, April. Solo

Middle Fell, Lake District, England, July. Camp with @Atkypne & @Munro277

Scafell Pike, Lake District, England, July. Camp with @Munro277

Seathwaite Fell, Lake District, England, January. Solo

Below Ben Lawers, Scotland, November. Camp with @Munro277 & @Leerockwell15

Hope to see many of you out on the fells next year :-)

Here's to a Happy New Year!


Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment