I decided to make myself a new UL style pack as there were a couple of changes I wanted to make from my previous builds, the main change being a slight reduction in torso length but also making a few other tweaks here and there. Whilst I'm not 100% sold on DCF for packs, I do really like it but like everything it has its downsides, not least the price. Nevertheless I went ahead and ordered some fabric from Extrem Textil, I was originally going to use Black but after seeing the White was back in stock I went with that instead. Sure it picks up dirt and stains pretty easily but I like the aesthetic, even when it gets grimy.
The Hybrid DCF used is the more common 102g/sqm variety and whilst I don't expect it to live forever, with a little care it should last pretty well. The shoulder straps and side pockets are made from the more durable Dyneema-X which I think is probably my all round favourite fabric for pack use.
This pack is approx 36L for the main body and weighs 325g. I'd guesstimate a total capacity of around 46L including all the pockets. There's no mistaking this pack is modelled after the Pa'lante Simple, it's kind of a cross between that and another favourite the MLD Prophet, with the capacity being some where between the two. It's double sewn/felled/bar-tacked/bonded/taped as and where I felt necessary, and all the high stress areas are reinforced with additional DCF bonded at 45° to the main body fabric.
I've not had chance to use the pack a great deal as yet, the reduced torso length does seem to fit me better though. Super happy with how this one turned out and looking forward to using it more, I'll update here when it's had a lot more use.